Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept. 9, 2013

I am doing well, Memphis is called the promise land here but we also say how it is the first place to go in the second coming. I got the letter From grandpa tell him that I was very grateful for it it was a good pick up and that I would love to have his full story if he is willing to send it.

Week two in the field. We have had more success but our investigators are going through a lot of trials. We are teaching this set of two girls, their dad Humberto just was baptized 2 weeks ago but the mom is a baptist. We had a baptismal date set for one of them for this Saturday Ashley age 9, but the something is going down in the family and the mom moved out. This makes it hard to get the approval of both parents. Jennifer who is 11 is also really effected by the mom which makes it hard. Two more of our progressing investigators Jose and Yanin have been having a lot of problems with commitment so we are just trying to get them to church which is just getting harder and harder. A lot of the Hispanic people have the what we call Catholic doubt. they think that as long as they have faith they are fine and that they don't need to have a new religion as long as they have one. but we have a few more investigators one who both me and elder Berger have a lot of hope for named Adan. (Spanish for Adam)

A big part of the work down here is reactivation the Branch has a lot of inactive members and the rama (branch) is still trying to get organized so the home and visiting teaching is still not enough to keep members coming. Elder Berger who has been in the area for a long time basically is the one that keeps the branch running.... and he leaves in October which is when me and who ever my follow up trainer will need to take over. The branch is getting better we are slowly trying to get them to relying on one another for help and less on the missionaries. Blessings and reactivation, me and one of the other missionaries in the branch Elder Robles call it Project Activation there would be accents in that but we can't on American computers.

I have gained 15 pounds from the time that I came out on my mission. No I am not getting fat, I have actually been gaining a lot of muscle from the time that I came out. Even if I am living off of cheese sticks and pretzels and the occasional gummy bear from Alex or Kyler (Thanks you guys). MSF don't cover that so I am very grateful for the food.

I can now find my way home from the church! yes that is an accomplishment much harder when the church is 6 miles away from where we live, even harder when you are doing that on a bike about 4 times a day. But all is well I love you and hope every one is doing good and no ones house flooded with the rain.


Love ya,

Elder Ludwig

No comments:

Post a Comment