Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014


I should be having a baptism this coming week... I showed up to church and one of my and Elder Dalton’s old investigators was sitting there and he told us that he wanted to make changes in his life and that some of his friends had told him he should be baptized. We asked him to be baptized next week and he said he would.... now we just need to make sure he remembers everything.

I am hoping that I will get to come back to have Brother Pack as a home teacher. I don’t think that Austin will be around; from the sound of it he is getting ready to go on his mission. It really is a good thing to just jump in to, the transition between home and mission is something but, once you pass the hump it is not so bad.

Elder Dalton's companion is named Elder Reed. He can kind of speak Spanish but not a lot of it from what I have been told. We still keep in touch which is nice. I got to talk to him today when we hiked Pinnacle Mountain. ... (Not really a mountain but a large hill) Elder Dalton said they are working hard getting the new area going. Alfredo is still a boss. I really wish that I could convey just an ounce of what kind of person he is. He is the teacher in the Elders quorum now and he has been doing a dang good job. I told him that if I ever get the chance that I am going to go see him when he is back in Mexico. We sent a book of Mormon to his wife and kids in Mexico. I just hope the missionaries in Mexico can teach her she really wants to hear the word and I would do anything to try to pay back what Alfredo has done for us. He is the best.

One of the people that I found in Memphis and tried super hard working with him to get to baptism and since I am not in Memphis any more I have been praying for him to want to get baptized, I think got dunked yesterday, that was great news

Love y’all


No comments:

Post a Comment