Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

So I am doing good.... very hot week. We walked most of the week and had a lot of unexpected... complications. Evonne one of our investigators who was going to get baptized this Saturday was not able to come to church because one of the people she cares for died... that morning and she got out of the hospital 10 minutes before church ended. But we are going to see if we can baptize her on Sunday now.
We have been walking all week this week in the nice hot sun. But as they say the weekend comes. We had a baptism in the branch my companion got to baptize in a natural spring called Kirkwood in Havana which was something that I have never seen done before so it was cool. Not to mention the lady that got baptized was a super nice person and helps the sisters all the time.
We are starting to teach a lady that is 82 and her husband who is almost 90 and is a world war 2 vet (he helped in the pacific, The picture that the marines are raising the flag.) We got her to come to church and we are going to be teaching them with the senior couple that is working here the Hansens. They help us out a ton. I am not sure what we would do without them.
Elder Butler and I get along great. We are very different but I feel that we do well together. Hopefully I am teaching him how to be a good missionary. I told him the other day that if there was one thing that I could teach him it was that he needs to enjoy his mission it is not meant to be 2 years of misery.
For the most part life is pretty normal here the work of the lord goes on in his southern vineyard. Love ya’ll

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment